28 Jun 2015

Summer Holiday!

We're back from our holiday of firsts - first time to Dorset, first time properly using our swishy new camera and the first time for little Ben to be away! It's been so lovely to have Will with us for an entire week and enjoy long sunny days as a family together.


We stayed in a beautiful cottage in Lulworth (about a mile up from Lulworth Cove.) It was thatched and some parts dated back to the 17th Century




Beams and inglenook fireplaces aren't reaaally my taste, but for a holiday home, we were really chuffed with our little cottage.



It had a gorgeous garden that I admit, I fell asleep in one sunny afternoon! I never normally manage to sleep anywhere but my bed (or maybe the sofa if I'm having a cheeky forty winks) but the sun and a glass of vino caught me off guard.


Lulworth Cove in the sun, homemade fudge and frothy coffees - just what the doctor ordered!




Crazy peacock that wouldn't leave us alone... 


We did day trips to Bournemouth, Weymouth and Swanage - Swanage was my favourite by far. We had glorious sunshine, fish and chips for lunch and ice creams! If that doesn't spell *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y* then I don't know what does!
  

Gorgeous Victorian details along the Weymouth beachfront...


...and some not quite such 'sophisticated' details - but fun nonetheless!


Crazy sea mist/fog/cloud rolled into Swanage - we felt like we were actually in the clouds at one point!



Fab vintage railway posters - I wish designs were like this today.

  





Sorry to bore you with endless flower photographs - I was playing with a new lens for our camera and I was quite chuffed with how they turned out!





Love this one - whatever it is - the leaves grew up in a really structured cross/square shape, I've never seen them before!


And I've seen plenty of these lovelies, but don't know what they are either. I think I need to have some in my garden, they appear to grow everywhere - almost like a weed - but oh such a pretty weed!



Stunning hydrangeas - the pastel colours just blend from one side of the flower head to the other.


All in all, a fantastic break away. And I've even got (most) of the mountain of washing we brought home with us done - so it's all good here!

Until the next time... ttfn!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Carol Lucas Studio © 2014.