14 Jun 2015

My first 'ta-daaaah' moment!

Wahoo! I've found a little bit of 'me time'! I am fully aware my last blog post was February, and that I said I wanted to blog a bit more frequently, but with (a now) 9.5 month old baby, 4 months can fly by surprisingly fast!

I have a pretty good new blog post, and I am so chuffed with myself. An actual, finished, usable, grown-up sized crochet blanket! Ta-daaaaah! I'm not a newbie to knitting and crochet, but finishing something and being proud enough of it to blog about it is relatively a new thing for me! 


It's 4 seperate granny squares, joined together and then edged with a slightly different stitch. I could have gone on forever adding more rows to the edge, different colours and techniques bit I thought it was pretty balanced at this point.


It worked up really quickly, and seeing as I only had to finish 23 rounds before I could start a new quarter, it was like starting a new project each time - definitely appealed to my 'butterfly mind'!


It measures approx. 125cm x 125cm and I used 6 colours of Stylecraft Special DK. They were:
Grape (purple)
Spice (orange)
Aspen (turquoise)
Silver (grey)
Petrol (blue)
Cream (urr cream)

I needed 2 balls of cream, grape and spice, and just 1 of the silver, aspen and petrol.


I know I decided to make a wooly blanket in June, and have just had the hottest day of the year so far, but at least it's ready for the autumn evenings! I had fully expected it to take me a few months, but I just got totally addicted to doing it. Little Ben had his first cold this week :( and I think he needed some extra sleep - so with him having 2 hour naps (unheard of for Ben!) I pounced on the chance to have some crochet time in the day. Usually it's at about 10pm when I'm barely able to keep my eyes open!

I'd love to know what you think :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Carol Lucas Studio © 2014.